Final Report Guiding Questions
Writing the Project Report
The MYP personal project report demonstrates your learning throughout your project. Reflection and self-evaluation are a key component of your process journal entries and should be reflected in your project report.
Some key questions to consider:
How has subject-specific learning and the transfer of this learning impacted your project?
What have you discovered in relation to the project goal and the global context?
How have you developed as a learner, specifically your awareness and development of ATL skills?
The following subheadings are suggestions that could be used when writing your report.
Use these questions as a guide to what you could include in each area.
- What is your goal and have you explained it clearly?
- Is your goal a highly challenging one? What made it so?
- How did your personal interests influence the selection of your goal?
- What is your global context? Why did you select this global context?
- How are your goal and the global context linked?
- What relevant previous knowledge did you have on the subject?
- What new understandings did you gain from your research?
- What types of sources did you use?
- How did you know they were credible sources? Accurate? Relevant? Objective?
- What were your criteria? What were you trying to achieve?
- Why and how did you select your criteria?
- What makes your criteria specific and rigorous?
- Explain the step-by-step process, as well as the timeline that you used to complete your project.
- Refer to specific process journal extracts you will include in your appendix that supports your comments in the report.
- Did you manage your time and resources effectively?
- What obstacles did you experience?
- How did you overcome these obstacles?
- Describe the product/outcome that you created.
- How does your product/outcome reflect the goal that you developed?
- How does your product/outcome reflect the global context you selected?
- Why did you choose to express your learning through your product/outcome?
- With whom did you collaborate during your project? Were they useful or not?
- How does your product/outcome reflect new ideas and different perspectives?
- How does your product/outcome meet each criterion that you developed?
- How can you transfer your newly learned knowledge to other parts of your life?
- How has completing the project extended your knowledge and understanding of your topic?
- How has completing the project extended your knowledge and understanding of the global context you selected?
- Which IB Learner Profile Attributes did you develop during the project?
- What would you do differently if you had the opportunity to do the project over again? Why?
15350 99th Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3R 0R9
@jhmediacrew 604-581-5500 firstname.lastname@example.org